March 30th, 2011 by Digestive Detective
This is an alternative version of the heavier chilis we tend to eat in the winter. It’s perfect for those chilly evenings in the spring.
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (preferably organic)
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 small can crushed tomatoes or organic tomato sauce
- 1 packet McCormick white bean chicken chili seasoning
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red pepper (preferably organic)
- 1 green pepper (preferably organic)
- Cook chicken breast in pan with tbsp of coconut oil until cooked through (10-15 minutes, no pink in middle).
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Dice chicken, onions and peppers, and mix all ingredients in large bowl or put directly into pot.
- Cook on stovetop or in crockpot until heated.
- Serve over brown rice and top with diced jalapeños.
Total prep time: 15 minutes
Total cook time: 15-20 minutes stovetop or 1-2 hours crock pot