April 3rd, 2013 by Digestive Detective
A light, refreshing salad that's easy to make and packs some serious superfood nutrition with the inclusion of goji berries, sprouted sunflower seeds, and dark leafy greens.The fresh ginger is a nice addition for some gut health goodness!
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 lb organic mixed greens
- 1 cup sprouted sunflower seeds (can also use pumpkin seeds)
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 chayote squash, diced
- a few pinches of minced fresh garden herbs (such as thyme, tarragon, basil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup organic apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp peeled fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 large Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Blend dressing ingredients together until smooth. Makes 2/3 cup. (If you're looking to opt for a quick, healthy dressing option, we like Tessemae's Soy Ginger - with only 7 ingredients 🙂 )
- Place the goji berries into a small bowl and pour the hot water over them. Steep for 30 minutes or longer, until the goji berries are plump. Strain the berries for the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, sunflower seeds, radishes, soaked goji berries, and herbs together. When ready to serve, gently toss with as much Ginger Dressing as desired. Serve and enjoy!