June 29th, 2011 by Digestive Detective
Looking for a tasty alternative to fire up on the grill this weekend? Check out this simple recipe for tuna steaks with a Mediterranean-inspired topping.
- 2 tuna steaks (6 ounces each, and about 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium ripe tomato, diced fine
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- Pinch of dried whole oregano
- Rinse the tuna steaks under cold water and pat dry. Brush them with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat grill or broiler. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill or broil the steaks on high heat, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the tuna steaks from the grill and top with the tomato olive mixture.
Spinach sautéed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil is a perfect side dish for this recipe. Serves 2.