March 12th, 2012 by Digestive Detective
Using probiotic-rich yogurt or Kefir as a base makes this hummus recipe a delicious dish that also aids in digestion. Try experimenting with other flavors by substituting fresh dill for parsley and fresh-squeezed lemon for Tabasco sauce.
- 2 lbs of garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup of probiotic-rich plain yogurt or plain Kefir
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or Real Salt
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- Place the garlic and parsley in a food processor and chop until finely diced.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Serve with fresh, organic cut vegetables.