October 29th, 2012 by Digestive Detective
Miso contains beneficial bacteria and zybiocolin, which help balance gut flora and eliminate free radicals from the body. Combine the salty miso flavors with the benefits of soluble fiber found in carrots and squash for a warm, inviting soup.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (refined)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium winter squash, cubed
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso
- Coarse sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, squash and carrots until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas; cook about 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Dissolve chickpea miso in 2 tablespoons cool water and stir into soup. Season with salt.