February 19th, 2013 by Digestive Detective
Fermented foods should be a staple in the diet if you're working to improve gut health. This kimchi recipe is quick and easy so you can toss it together and enjoy the delicious Asian-inspired flavors!
- 1 head napa cabbage, halved and shredded thinly
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon gochujang sauce (fish sauce and gochujang sauce can both be found in ethnic/Asian food aisles)
- 1 tablespoon Really Raw honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, knife pureed
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Put the cabbage in a large bowl. Make an ice bath in a larger bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, fish sauce, gochujang, honey, ginger, garlic and chiles in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and immediately pour over the cabbage.
- Set the bowl of cabbage in the ice bath and cool, tossing occasionally.
- When the cabbage is cool, add the cilantro and onions.
Yield: 4 cups