August 24th, 2012 by Digestive Detective
I'll be honest: I never like beets as a kid, not even as an adult...until I tried the organic, spicy, raw cultured beets from Vital Choice! They are good - REALLY GOOD. Pair these delicious beets as a side dish with this ginger chicken recipe (ginger is a potent gut-healing spice) and you get the benefits of the enzymes and probiotics produced through the fermentation process of the beets for one delicious gut-healing meal.
- 4 skinless, boneless, pastured chicken breast halves
- 3 cloves crushed garlic or organic garlic granules
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 cup Organic Spiced Raw Cultured Beets from Vital Choice
- Pound the chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. In a large glass container, combine the garlic, ginger, oil and lime juice. Seal container and shake until blended. Open container and add chicken. Seal container and marinate in refrigerator for no more than 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from glass container and grill or broil, basting with marinade, until cooked through and juices run clear. Dispose of any remaining marinade.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, plate and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Plate 1 serving of cultured beets (approx. 1 cup) alongside chicken for a healthy gut-promoting side dish to finish this tasty meal!