May 12th, 2012 by Digestive Detective
Recently I've received some questions regarding "juicing." Juicing is a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your day especially when you're on the run. I would always recommend that you include a good bit of veggies (like those in this recipe) and consider adding some healthy fat both for its own heath benefits as well as its ability to help you feel more satiated. Also be sure to keep the skins/peels on the fruits you use as that's where you'll derive the most fiber. The fiber in the skins along with that in the veggies will slow the digestion of the sugars from the fruits (the cinnamon in this recipe will do that in this case).
Enjoy this power-packed green smoothie!
- 2 handfuls of organic spinach
- 1 handful of kale
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 1 ripe frozen or fresh banana
- 3 pitted dates or 1 packet of stevia
- 1 basil leaf
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup of ice
- Blend greens (spinach, kale, and basil leaf) with 1 cup of water.
- Add mango, banana, dates, cinnamon, and ice. Blend until smooth!
- Pour into glass jar and drink or save.
Tip - you can add superfoods, maca, lucuma, goji powder, cacao powder, bee pollen and/or aloe vera juice!
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Henig of Raw Food Stylist