November 14th, 2013 by Digestive Detective
A unique tasty twist on traditional potato salad, the green banana adds a sweetness to this dish. With the combination of potatoes, green bananas, and onions, this dish packs some serious fiber and prebiotic power!
- 3 lbs greenish-yellow bananas, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces (about 7 or 8)
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup Spanish olives with pimento, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Cook potato cubes in boiling, salted water until firm-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add sliced bananas to the potato pot during the last minute of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water
In a large serving bowl, combine the bananas and potatoes with sliced onions, and olive
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour this dressing over the salad
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.