July 25th, 2012 by Digestive Detective
A tasty breakfast treat that requires no cooking and is packed with antioxidants from chia & cacao, magnesium from pumpkin seeds, and healthy fats from coconut. A great way to start your day!
- 2 cups of fresh coconut, cut into thin ribbons or flaked (can find shredded or ribbon coconut in grocery store)
- 2 cups organic Granny Smith apples, diced
- 4 cups of organic dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (can substitute cacao nibs and seeds with cacao coated seeds or almonds)
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- Place the 1/3 cup of chia seeds in one cup of water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While seeds are soaking, mix all the other ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- When chia seeds have set for 10 minutes, drain any remaining water and add to the mix.
- Stir mixture.
- Cover with coconut milk or kefir and serve.