October 10th, 2011 by Digestive Detective
- 1/2 cup of Coconut flour (can get at Whole Foods)
- 2 scoops of Chocolate flavor protein powder (ideally whey concentrate)
- 1/4 cup Carob or 70-80% Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Truvia or Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 tsp Aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup of organic Egg whites
- 1 large organic Egg
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- You just have to preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a brownie pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ones and mix well.
- Add the batter in your prepared pan and sprinkle with the unsweetened coconut flakes evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Wait for the brownies to cool down.
- Cut into 8 pieces and save them in a ziplock bag and you have something ready for your busy week.