February 6th, 2012 by Digestive Detective
Organic vegetables adorn this tasty chicken salad made supreme with the addition of nourishing raw cheese - a natural source of Omega-3s and CLA and packed with protein, calcium, probiotics and enzymes.
- 3 oz. cooked & pulled hormone/antibiotic-free chicken
- 1 cup chopped organic romaine lettuce
- 1 cup organic mixed field greens
- 1 fluid oz. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. fresh green onions
- 2 oz. organic carrots
- 2 oz. organic red peppers
- 2 oz. organic Fuji or Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tbsp balsamic honey Dijon dressing (try Newman's Own)
- 2 oz. pecans
- 2 oz. GreenFed raw cheddar cheese
- 1/4 oz. sunflower sprouts
- 1 1/2 sliced oranges
- In a large saute pan with the oil, saute all vegetables, the apples, and chicken (sliced 1/4-inch thick) for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dressing and continue to saute one minute, tossing well. In a large salad bowl, place the romaine lettuce first, then the mixed field greens on top of the romaine.
- Do not mix. Add the sauteed vegetables and chicken to the top of the lettuce.
- Add cheese and pecans to the top of the vegetables.
- Place 1 1/2 slices of orange cut in half on the side of the bowl.
- Add sprouts & ENJOY!
Yields 1 serving. Discover the benefits of GreenFed Raw Cheese here