April 30th, 2014 by Digestive Detective
These noodles are honestly my favorite new food! With 11g of fiber, 25g protein and a delicate texture that doesn't get mushy like so many other gluten-free pastas out there, this mung bean fettuccine pasta is AMAZING! Try this twist on a traditional pad thai that incorporates macadamia nuts.
- 4 ounces Explore Asia Organic Mung Bean Fettucine
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces boneless skinless pastured chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons of homemade pad thai sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped raw macadamia
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and lime wedges
Homemade Pad Thai sauce:
- 1 to 1.5 Tbsp. tamarind paste , to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. GF soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. chili sauce, OR 1/3 to 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp. palm sugar OR brown sugar
- BRING 4 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Lower heat. Add mung bean noodles, stir and cook 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- HEAT 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil or ghee in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add egg; scramble until set. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken; stir fry until cooked through. Add noodles, Pad Thai sauce and green onions; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or noodles are tender.
- STIR in bean sprouts and scrambled egg. Place noodle mixture on serving platter. Sprinkle with raw macadamia nuts. Serve with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Serves 2.