March 22nd, 2011 by Digestive Detective
Packed with protein and added zest for flavor, this dish provides a quick option for a healthy dinner or lunch.
- ½ cup Mango, Sliced
- ½ cup pico de gallo (fresh salsa) or your favorite brand of salsa
- 16 oz Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice Raw
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice, Raw
1) Start off by simply taking your diced mangoes (you can use frozen) and mix with pico de gallo/salsa, lime and orange juice. *To add a little kick, you can add some drops of hot sauce.
2) Put your mango salsa in the fridge and season the chicken breast with a pinch of celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
3) Use either a grill or a flat top pan to prepare your chicken; if using a pan, simply grease it with some organic butter.
4) Place your chicken on heated grill/pan and let it cook for 5-8 minutes on both sides. Cut in the middle of the chicken breast to see if it's fully cooked (not pink inside).
5) You can serve the chicken as a whole or you can cut in fajita-style slices and serve over a bed of mixed greens with sliced avocado.
6) If serving whole, place chicken over brown rice. A hint of fresh cilantro will top this off perfectly.