July 22nd, 2011 by Digestive Detective
No Time, No Skills, NO PROBLEM!
Try this "fast fix-up" from the pages of our healthy recipe and nutrition book, Fit Fast Food!
- 1 cup low-fat, organic cottage cheese (if you don't like the texture of traditional cottage cheese, try "whipped" cottage cheese from Friendship brand)
- 1 organic red ripe tomato
- Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
1) Slice one organic tomato into ¼ inch slices and place on plate.
2) In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning into 1 cup low-fat, organic cottage cheese.
3) Once mixed, top each tomato with 1-2 tbsp of cottage cheese mix. Eat together for a “cheese pizza” taste!
4) For added fiber, serve over slices of toasted Ezekiel bread.