May 8th, 2013 by Digestive Detective
Kale is a nutritional powerhouse containing high amounts of vitamins K, A and C along with manganese and fiber. Some people claim kale is bland and aren't sure how to prepare it, but this recipe provides one of the most simple ways to enjoy this nutrient-dense food. Kale chips to the rescue!
- 1 large bunch of kale (traditional, red or lucinato)
- 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp seasoning or sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt or sea salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.