November 1st, 2010 by Digestive Detective
This simple side dish is a quick and easy way to add some vegetables to any meal or to be eaten as a snack.
- 4 medium carrots, washed and peeled
- Small handful of fresh cilantro, leaves picked
- 1 table spoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1) Shave carrots with a peeler into nice ribbons. Put them into a salad bowl with cilantro and sesame seeds. Then make the dressing with grated orange zest, juice from orange and a nice drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
2) Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes enjoy the crunch for a snack or side dish at lunch.